“Some people are worth melting for”
These cute snowman biscuits are very simple and easy to make, and are perfect for any Disney lovers out there!
White Icing (I just used icing sugar & water)
Icing tubes (preferably black)
Orange jelly tots- or similar orange sweets
Optional- Raspberry or strawberry jam
This first part is optional- you can make a simple empire biscuit style cookie by sandwiching jam in-between two digestives.
Next, mix up your icing to a reasonably thick consistency and place into a piping bag with a thin nozzle. Pipe the icing onto the digestive biscuit into a puddle shape, and don’t worry if you get any icing off of the biscuit- it just adds to the effect!
On a marshmallow, pipe two eyes and a button mouth to create the face of a snowman using the icing tubes. For the snow mans carrot style nose, I trimmed an orange Jelly Tot into a wedge triangle shape and placed it onto the middle of the marshmallow using a dap of icing.
Place the marshmallow onto the biscuit to create the illusion of a melting snowman!
Lastly, use the icing tubes to pipe wooden stick arms and buttons onto the icing puddle on the biscuit.
I love easy to make cakes, especially tray bakes! They’re so quick as you don’t need to bake them (which means less chance of burning it!) yet they’re just as yummy! Malteser cake is my favourite tray bake. Here is the recipe that I always follow:
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or golden syrup- your choice!
- Sharing bag of Maltesers – leave some left over for decorating!
- Crush up the digestive biscuits- I usually place the biscuits in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to mash them up. You can also use a food processor if you have one.
- Melt the butter either in a pot on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Mix in the melted butter and maple syrup into the crushed digestive biscuits.
- Mix in about half of the Maltesers into the mixture- You can put them in whole, or you can slice them in halves.
- Place the mixture into a tin- you can use any shape you like. I usually use a round cake tin. Then leave it to set for a little while.
- Once it is set. Melt the milk chocolate, and spread it on top of the cake. Then gently place the rest of the Maltesers on top of the chocolate. Allow this to cool and set completely. Then melt the white chocolate and add it on top of the milk chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set again, and then you’re done!
Now enjoy with a cuppa!! X