I love easy to make cakes, especially tray bakes! They’re so quick as you don’t need to bake them (which means less chance of burning it!) yet they’re just as yummy! Malteser cake is my favourite tray bake. Here is the recipe that I always follow:
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 200g butter- melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or golden syrup- your choice!
- 250g milk chocolate
- 50g White chocolate
- Sharing bag of Maltesers – leave some left over for decorating!
- Crush up the digestive biscuits- I usually place the biscuits in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to mash them up. You can also use a food processor if you have one.
- Melt the butter either in a pot on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Mix in the melted butter and maple syrup into the crushed digestive biscuits.
- Mix in about half of the Maltesers into the mixture- You can put them in whole, or you can slice them in halves.
- Place the mixture into a tin- you can use any shape you like. I usually use a round cake tin. Then leave it to set for a little while.
- Once it is set. Melt the milk chocolate, and spread it on top of the cake. Then gently place the rest of the Maltesers on top of the chocolate. Allow this to cool and set completely. Then melt the white chocolate and add it on top of the milk chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set again, and then you’re done!
Now enjoy with a cuppa!! X